Charlotte, NC – Major League Triathlon is proud to announce new squad-based teams and franchises for 2018. Major League Triathlon will welcome 5 squads and 3 composite teams for the 2018 season.
“This new squad based system will bring the World’s top athletes to MLT”, said Daniel Cassidy, CEO of Major League Triathlon. “We will have virtually every single USA athlete that is favored to race in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games in the league this year. We will also have some of the top international athletes competing, including the reigning World Champions of Mixed Team Relay, the Australians.”
MLT teams will carry a roster with a minimum of 6 athletes. During each round of the series, the top 4 athletes from each team will compete.
The following squads will race for MLT:
- San Diego Stingrays- Represented by Paulo Sousa’s Squad
- Arizona Kingsnakes- Represented by Jono Hall’s Squad
- Colorado Peaks– Represented by Neal Henderson’s Squad
- Toronto Freeze – Represented by Craig Taylor’s Squad
- Atlantic City Waves – Represented by Ian O’Brien’s Squad
- Carolina Gliders – Represented by Composite Team #1 (Captain Ben Kanute)
- Florida Sun- Represented by Composite Team #2 (Captain John O’Neill)
- Australian Franchise-TBA– Represented by an Australian Composite Squad
MLT rosters will have the top ranked US Male athletes including, but not limited to:
MLT rosters will also have some of the top US Female athletes including, but not limited to:
Beyond the US based powerhouse athletes, MLT will also feature international stars on team rosters, including:
In addition, Major League Triathlon will be offering amateur ambassador teams for fans and athletes to support and interact with their local pro team franchise. MLT will be releasing more information about amateur ambassador teams in the coming weeks.
Major League Triathlon
Major League Triathlon is the first and only professional triathlon league in the United States. Major League Triathlon hosts races in major cities across the United States. Major League Triathlon was formed in 2016 with the goal of creating a more spectator-friendly version of triathlon. Major League Triathlon aims to grow the sport of triathlon on both an amateur and professional level. For a complete list of Major League Triathlon events, visit www.majorleaguetri.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.